Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally, A Month Later

Today the college boy goes back to -- college. Classes start today but he was really sick over the weekend and his first class is not until noon so he's headed back this morning. We had a long weekend because of the MLK holiday - which, btw, was filled with DNow weekend and a house full of girls - following a short week last week because of high school finals. I was beginning to wonder if we would ever get back into a routine of normalness. Actually, not that I know what normal is and not that we ever really get there.

I am in my home office working on our Fusion project. It was super exciting to have over 100 people in class Sunday evening. We are making some adjustments - like changing rooms because the original space is too small for our attendance - but I am looking forward to the next several weeks. Here's what I know for sure, people are hurting and lives, marriages are falling apart. Studying God's Word is vital, I believe, but ONLY IF those who study are willing to follow it, to obey what God instructs through the written word. I praying for that over every person who was in class this week.

I'm also looking for something to do. I love working at home, I love coordinating missions, I love writing and teaching with Johnny, I love prepping for my Life Group, but I feel like I should be doing more. I am laughing outloud at myself -- doing more?? That's crazy. Who says that? I believe, however, if I'm doing what I'm supposed to that God will help me accomplish all that He has called me to do. No more, no less.

So, I've got to get off here and on with my first day back to all kids in school (yes, the college boy just left) and first day of getting a routine established for 2011.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: