Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stormy Weather

Well, it seems we are experiencing the effects of Tropical Storm Hermine here in North Texas. Yes, the automated weather alert woke us up with a phone call around 4:45 am or so and I was unable to go back to sleep. The early morning wake-up call and the dreary weather may necessitate a nap for me this afternoon. Not that I have time for napping, mind you, as I am leaving for Peru in a week and 2 days and I still have work to do before I can go.

The wind is whipping around outside and the pool is overflowing. Water is flooding the street and the neighbor's preschool daughter was out playing in the water for a while. Oh, the days when my kids loved to play out in the rain... Actually, they might still like to but it is a school day, after all.

The thing about storms is that they are temporary. Sometimes it takes a while to get over them and the damage they may have caused but, eventually, the sun will come out and everything will be all right. I like the assurance that the One who made the Creation is not surprised by Tropical Storm Hermine anymore than He is surprised by emotional or relational storms. He is still in control when circumstances around us dare to make us wonder. I like that I can count on Him and know that He is faithful.

Even in the storm.

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: