Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost Game Time

Ok, not a game, but I am leaving for the airport in under 4 hours and, per the norm for me, I cannot sleep. I was wide awake at 2:45 am realizing that I forgot to ask my daughter how to get on Skype on my notebook. I checked out some reviews on our hotel while we are in Lima and, apparently, there is internet access so I am glad about that. For the days we are up in the mountains, however, there will not be any communication with the outside world.

I wish I had brushed up on my Spanish skills. While I was in Venezuela a few years ago I learned - cafe con leche, por favor.  What else does one need? And, apparently, there's Starbucks not too far from the hotel!

For real, I can't think of anything else to type. I should try to sleep for the hour and 45 minutes until my alarm goes off. If you read this in the next 10 days, pray for us. Pray for the people we will encounter in Peru to be open to hearing and receiving the Gospel message. And, pray for my family while I am away. Thanks so much for your faithfulness to pray!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: