Monday, May 24, 2010

Almost Summer

I've been a delinquent blogger.  I want to write something interesting and, while my life is FULL of awesome excitement right now, I'm having difficulty sharing it here.  Though I have tried. Let's see...Josh is home for the summer.  I am super glad about that.  Jess and Jacob have one more day of finals tomorrow and then a half-day on Wednesday and then they're done.  Another year completed.  I look forward to the end of the school year because I love summer break.  Every year I say that I don't want this summer to be as busy as last year's but every year we fill the weeks with activity before even the last day of school.  This year is no exception, regretably. 

But while I am excited about summer break, it means one more school year is over and then Jessica has only one more before college.  And, then there's the baby of the family.  He'll be a sophmore when school starts back up.  I was talking to a friend this afternoon about, at times, wishing for those days when the kids were babies.  When they were dependent on their momma and life was simplier.  Though, those days didn't seem simple at the time. 

Life goes on.  It doesn't slow down for one second.  It makes me think harder about making everyday count. 

And, with that, I've got to go cook dinner.  Something delicious and nutritious for sure!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: