Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow Days 2010





I'm about a week behind on blogging about all the fun of the snow days 2010. It snowed and snowed and snowed. The kids missed two days of school and we were without electricity for about 7 or 8 hours starting way early Friday morning. Thankfully, Johnny was able to start a fire in the fireplace and there was plenty of natural light to read by so I wrapped up in a blanket on my chaise and waited out the lack of power. The only bad thing about our snow days was the huge pile of wet clothes on my laundry room floor. Yep, everytime the kids went out into the snow they put wet clothes in the laundry room and opted for new, dry ones for the next time out. My mistake was not washing them Thursday night so when we woke up Friday with no electricity the clothes didn't get washed right away. Don't worry, the pile was still waiting for me later in the day and I finally got around to it.

We are finally completely finished with basketball season. Playoff games are over and we've settled into an offseason routine. I was out-of-town earlier in the week speaking to a mission group but I am excited about home-cooked meals and family time and a lack of chaos for a while.

Enjoy your weekend!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: