Sunday, November 22, 2009

New i68 Destination

I spent a couple of days this week down near the border of Texas and Mexico. We, my traveling companions and myself, were on a vision trip for our church mission ministry, which we call i68. Even though we were still in the great state of Texas it is a totally different culture than up here in North Texas. We went to neighborhood after neighborhood and our guide told us what possible projects or activities we could do then said these words: and there's no (evangelical) church for this neighborhood. I was astounded. And saddened. There was no doubt among all of us that were there that it is most definitely a place where we want to be involved. I'm excited to see what the future holds in that regard.

So, to all my FBCM peeps reading these words: make your plans to go to Laredo. Details about future trips will be available soon!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait! jh