Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And this is where I ended up...


Yesterday, Labor Day, was a really fun day! Josh and Justin brought 6 of their new DBU friends out to the lake. We also had some other teenagers (high schoolers and middle schoolers) out there. We had a couple of boats and a couple of jet skis brought out by friends. We played, we ate, we relaxed. Then, I was talked into getting out on the tube by one of my friends. Going along, falling to peer pressure, was my downfall. I had already been witness to the boat driving, the circling and wave hopping done to the glee of the boat drivers to see who would be the sole survivor on the tubes each round. (2 tubes with a max capacity of 3 each -- oh wait, that's until the teenagers begin hopping back and forth and throwing each other off) I should have known better. "Go slow," I asked the boat driver. "Stay on your own tube," I begged my husband. Above is the picture of me -- the first thrown off each time we started out. I'm a wimp, I admit it. I am sore today. I have bruises and I can't take a deep breath without a sharp pain taking the breath away again. Ok, ok, I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Serving the King,
Jeanette

No comments: