Thursday, February 28, 2008

The 70's Music

The last 2 nights have been 70's music night on American Idol. (I don't think I've ever revealed on this blog before that I am a reality show junkie.) I really love DVR because I can fast-forward through all the commercials and any part I don't want to watch (like at the end of the performance where the contestant stands beside Ryan Seacrest and he tells the phone number for the bazillionth time and the contestant holds up the appropriate number of fingers to go with their phone number) and just watch the singing and what the judges have to say. I grew up on 70's music and so it's been fun watching. What's funny about the whole thing is that my kids like some of the music Johnny and I grew up listening to. (I blogged about that a little last summer.) It just strikes me as funny. We just bought Josh a new iPod for his 18th birthday. It is really cool! Jacob also got an iPod for Christmas and Johnny bought one, too. So, this morning before school, Johnny, Josh, and Jacob were sitting on the couch together in front of the laptop. Our kids share an iTunes account with us so they were looking through the music library -- some classic rock -- and the boys were helping dad add some of their music (which was really his music way before they were even born) to his library since he didn't know how to do it yet. There they were, 2 generations -- old music, new technology. Funny...

Smilin' as I'm thinking about the mental picture I have of the 3 of them sitting there together... Jeanette

No comments: