Saturday, December 8, 2007

The end is in sight

The end of the semester, that is. I've been to the last day of class, turned in my 84-page notebook for my NT class, and I have all the study guides for the final exams. Yep, by 6:00 pm this Wednesday it will all be over. Then, I will be able to focus completely and totally on the Christmas holiday and my family. There have been some veiled comments by my kids lately about how busy I've been. I hate that. My deal with myself is that I only want to work on school when they are at school so I can spend time with them when they are at home. I have been so working on school work for hours this past week. I couldn't even get mad at Josh when he was up til 2:00 am finishing up an English essay because I had set a bad example and WAS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

What lessons am I learning from all this? Endurance? Perseverance? Don't procrastinate? Yes, yes, and yes. I've told friends several times that this is self-inflicted torture so I really should not complain.

So, here I am, again...sitting in my office with books spread out all over our new desk. My OT textbook is open and my notes are right in front of me. I don't want to miss the opportunity to learn...not just so I can make a good grade on my test (though I hope I do!) but so I might know more about the Word of God so that I may know God more. Check out Exodus 34 -- Moses was speaking and he said, "Let me know Your ways that I may know You." (v. 13, in part) Although I've pulled this one sentence out of its context, the point is this -- by knowing more about God, His character, His actions toward His people in the past, I can know Him more. Not just a factual knowledge like one would study history, but a experiential knowledge. That's what I want. So, even though the end is in sight, instead of wishing the end here I want to make the most of it.

Serving the King (and studying like crazy),

Jeanette

No comments: