Friday, December 31, 2010

On the Eve of a New Year

New Year's Eve 2010 - wow, what an eventful year. I started the year in Wyoming with my man - I love him more every year. We have such great times together. The next week we rescued my Pit Bull/Boxer mix from the animal shelter and I am absolutely crazy about that dog. I took a couple of mission trips to Laredo and went to Peru and India within just a few weeks of each other. That was crazy. I got my first gig as a paid writer and I will be published in 2011. Check that one off the bucket list, though I seriously hope to do it again. Johnny and I completed a 20-week study of the book of Matthew that we started in '09. In '11 we are digging into the book of Judges. We took a long road trip with our kids to Orlando and Georgia in the summer and remembered all the good times we've had on roadtrips as a family - although we parted with our memory-filled gold Suburban. The Black Pearl has been a fine substitution.

I've learned a lot in 2010. In some ways it was a hard year and in many ways a fabulous one! I'll send another one off to college in '11 and I have mixed emotions about that. All-in-all, I'm looking forward to a new year -- no resolutions this year because I never tend to keep them. But, I am anticipating what God has for my family and myself and am thankful for what He has already done in us and for us.

Blessings to you and yours and a very Happy New Year!

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: