Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trying to Stay Focused

Do you ever have so many projects going on or deadlines looming that it's hard to stay focused on just one at a time? I'm there, baby. I can't sleep at night because I can't turn my brain off which makes the next day harder because, like I've always said, I need my beauty sleep and it's not my outward beauty I'm talking about! And, with all the excitement with the Texas Rangers in the World Series, well, it's almost too much! Oh, I'm just being dramatic and a bit silly. I am leaving for India in a week and 2 days and so it seems like I have a lot to accomplish before my departure date gets here. I put way more pressure on myself than I should or need to. I think it's just a bit humorous, too, that all those years when I was taking care of my little kids and I dreamed of the day when I would have grown-up things to do that I thought it would be great.  Those days seemed hard at the time - changing diapers and chasing toddlers was not my favorite season of life. If I could freeze time I would keep my kids the age they are now forever. I LOVE the teenage years. Well, the college boy is not a teen but he's at a really great place in life. Yes, teenagers bring challenges at times but life is great. I love every project that I am working on and feel so blessed to be here. Really. God has been over-abundantly good. He has knocked my socks off and stretched me and caused me to rely on Him in new ways.

Well, this is a really random, rambling post and really has no purpose except to provide a second of a break from a full day. I've got a sick kid home and I can hear him watching one of those shows where the person has to sing a song and they are not given all the lyrics. It's cracking me up! So, back to work for me...

Have a fabulicious day!

Jeanette

No comments: