Friday, January 29, 2010

Peace, Sweet Peace

I don't think that I've mentioned yet that I have had my oldest working on my blog layout. I'm not completely happy with this one but it is an improvement over the other. We'll be checking out some new options over the next few weeks until we settle into something. Notice how I wrote "we'll be checking." Actually, Josh does the checking and then asks what I think. Let me just add right here that the boy is learning patience! (ok, can I really keep calling him a boy? I mean, he's my boy and my firstborn but he will be 20 next month -- 20!)

I am leaving in just a couple of hours for the Peace Retreat. I am speaking at a retreat for my dear friend and the topic is peace. The theme verse is 2 Thessalonians 3:16 - "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all!"

There are lots of verses that contain the word peace. Peace, however, can only be truly given -- did you see that I wrote it had to be given or, as the NASB states it "granted" -- by the Prince of Peace. Ephesians 2:14 lets us know that "He Himself is our peace." There is no true peace outside of Him.

God wants us to total peace in every part of our lives. Even in the storm. Even in the chaos. If you are chasing peace then chase God. He wants to be found by you.

Going in peace,

Jeanette

No comments: