Monday, October 5, 2009

A Boat of Maturity vs. Swimming in a Sea of Foolishness

I laughed and laughed hysterically tonight after dinner. I mean, so hard my stomach hurt. Johnny got a phone call this evening with a ministry opportunity and he told the caller to send him some info and he would pray about it. After dinner we talked to the kids about it because it is something that would involve them and affect their lives. Jacob was adamantly against it. We tried to talk to him about it and get him to see the possible pros or reasons we should at least consider it. He was so serious that Johnny and I thought it was a little funny. We laughed a little and he said, "I am on a plane of seriousness!" Well, of course, Johnny just thought that was super funny and asked him about flight numbers or something like that. We laughed a little harder so Jacob said, "Why are you laughing? I am in a boat of seriousness and you are swimming in a sea of foolishness!" That put Johnny and me over the edge. Ok, maybe it's not as funny in print but it was really funny around our kitchen table tonight.

I love family time. I love sharing reality with my husband and kids, being open to talking to them about life and God and even the mundane things of life. Laughing is good. It's a bonus. It was the best part of my day.

jeanette

No comments: