Friday, August 14, 2009

Worn Slap Out

It's a Georgia saying, I guess. I never said it until I met my Georgia husband but that's what I am. This has been a fun and exhausting week. Fun because we've had teenagers in and out all week and some funny, random things have happened. Jessica asked me a question last night and I was just grinnin' and she asked, "Why you cheesin' at me like that?" "Cuz you're so cute and fun and your question makes me smile," I could've answered but didn't because I had to go to the grocery store at 9:30 at night because I had to leave the house unexpectedly yesterday afternoon and when I returned home I had a house full of teenagers with me that were hungry. Starving, one repeatedly told me. One that belongs to me, that is.

Ok, 2 of the teenagers just left for cheerleading practice. They must be worn slap out, too, because I asked a series of questions to which I got some stares and grunts. I'm thinkin' they stayed up way too late last night. Johnny and I have been sleeping with a box fan on in our bathroom that sort of roars...it's to drown out the noise from the kids.

So, we're headed to the lake today -- Johnny took the travel trailer over yesterday and we'll take the boat out today. It's our own little lake house for the day and, just between you and me, if all the kids go out in the boat I'll be happy to stay in the Wildwood and take a nap, read a book, or just do absolutely nothing. I'm sure I'll be out there with them, though, cheesin'. (whatever that means)

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: