Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When I consider Your heavens

Thanks for the New York comments. If you're reading this and you didn't see my post asking for suggestions for our upcoming trip please scroll on down and help a girl out. I also put the request on my status on facebook and have received some fun suggestions there, too!

Maybe you were looking for the psalm of the week. I hope so! It's my all-time most favorite psalm, Psalm 8.

Psalm 8 starts will praise to God. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth. Because of who He is and what He's done. Then the psalmist (David) writes about God's creation. If you know me at all you know I love the outdoors. We worked in the yard for 2 days at the end of last week and I love it out there. I love the colors of my flowers, that my yard is a beautiful lush green, my garden where I have a few herbs & tomatoes & peppers growing, the sound of the waterfall from the spa. The weather was perfect -- absolutely perfect -- yesterday. I sat outside and read and pondered God's call in my life. I LOVE God's creation. But the psalmist wrote that when he considered all that God had made and how fabulous it is (I added that one little part) he was amazed that God made man His best and most prized creation. In fact, David wrote that God crowns us, humans, with glory and majesty.

Take your hands and make a circle with your fingers. Yes, do it, I'm not kidding. One big circle with both hands, not separately. Now, raise your hands and put your circle on top of your head. That's to symbolize your crown because Psalm 8 tells us that God crowns us with glory and majesty.

Friend, please be reminded today that God loves you, you are His prized creation, and He crowns you with glory and majesty.

That's why I love Psalm 8. What are your thoughts?

Serving the King, who crowns me with glory and majesty,

Jeanette

4 comments:

Sue said...

I love your Psalms of the Week!

Two things jumped off the page for me as I read Psalm 8, besides the obvious of God's awesome majesty.

One was verse 2 where it talks about how God has taught children and infants to tell of His strength. I am amazed at the faith of children and the way they so freely and easily worship Him. It is inspiring and beautiful to watch.

The other thing that jumped out was verses 3-4 about looking at the night sky and witnessing God's majestic handiwork. We don't see a lot of stars in the big city where I live but I LOVE going up to my Dad's home on a remote lake and laying on the dock at night watching the stars. Talk about feeling put in my place in relation to God! It feels like looking down from an airplane looking for an ant. lol. We have such a Mighty and BIG God who deserves ALL my praise and worship!!

Thanks for this psalm today and God bless you!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

A little crown on my head...I'm glad noone was watching me put it on my head
jd

Kathy W said...

Sandy Patty's "O Lord Our Lord How Majestic is Your Name" runs through my head and heart when I read this psalm.

Julee said...

I love this Psalm for many reasons especially the part of the children and infants! Connor at the age of 23 months has made me appreciate all of God's creation so much! I like the outdoors too and enjoy my flowers but before he was born I took a lot of the "little things" for granted! I now can play with dirt, rocks and leaves for hours! His pure excitment has made me love and appreciate this beautiful earth so much more than ever!