Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And then comes the physical rest...

...like it or not. We planned to go camping over Spring Break '09. Camping is, by far, one of my favorite things to do. We camped about halfway between where we live and Waco cuz my Jessica got invited to play in a basketball tournament over the weekend at Baylor. (BTW - loved, loved how those Baylor men beat Kansas and Texas in the Big 12 basketball tournament. AND, those Lady Bears WON the Big 12 Conference Championship. Sic'em Bears!) Sunday morning I got up and leaned over to fold up the couch in the Wildwood and did something to my back. I have a crazy back and, occasionally, it just doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I spent almost the entire day Sunday on the couch in the Wildwood...not how I would choose to spend my camping trip. It's now Wednesday and I'm a little better but not recovered. All the things I wanted to do over Spring Break, all the things I need to do to get ready for my trip next week, all the things that have to be done daily just to keep us rolling, are not being done by me. UGH! I'm doing lots of resting but am itching to get on with the things I need to do.

I'm leaving for a trip to India and Nepal one week from today. I will be doing some mission work and, as a bonus, will get to take a flight around Mt. Everest! I am super excited to see the tallest mountain that God created. I am looking forward to the trip and am eager to share God's Truth with those that I will meet while I am there.

The pain in my back and the powerful pain killers are keeping me from thinking of one more thing to type...ugh, again...

Serving the King,

Jeanette

No comments: